Why is the EquiPedic™ pad better than other saddle pads?
- The patent pending EquiCHARGE™ Oxygen Energy Recovery System increases your horse's blood flow and oxygen transfer to the back area under the saddle. This can result in increased metabolism, increased energy, and faster muscle recovery. This will allow your horse to perform better. Wouldn’t you perform better if you had more oxygen and more energy? No other pad can offer this feature!
- The patent pending EquiKOOL™ Temperature Management System keeps your horse cooler and more comfortable over extended periods of time, automatically recharging. This will allow your horse to perform better. Wouldn’t you perform better when exercising if you were cooler? No other pad can offer this feature!
- The ConforPedic Impact Reduction Material™ protects your horse like no other material. It conforms to your horse’s body and the bars of your saddle. It fills in gaps caused by ill fitting saddles and variations in body style, even swaybacks! It completely eliminates pressure points caused by these conditions. It is orthopedic in nature and eliminates sore backs on horses.
- In addition to being anti-fungal and anti-bacterial by nature, it is completely machine washable!
- Unlike other pads, every component of the EquiPedic™ pad is 100% breathable. There is nothing in our pad that will hinder or stop moisture transport and evaporation to the atmosphere. Your horse will stay cooler and drier at all times.
- It is truly an anti-slip pad. EquiGrip Strips™ , made from ToughTek®, lock your pad into place from the pressure of the saddle bars from your saddle. It will not slip from front to back or up and down. Its relationship to your saddle will remain constant regardless of terrain variations.
If pad is wet from sweat, allow pad and inserts to air dry before attempting removal of inserts.
Curry comb the bottom felt layer prior to washing. (We recommend Oster’s Rubber Curry Comb with fine teeth.)
Remove the ConforPedic™ impact reduction material inserts by curling into a "U" shape.
Drop the pad in your home washing machine.
Wash with cold water on knit/delicate gentle cycle for no more than 6-10 minutes. DO NOT PRESOAK. Hand wash if you do not have this cycle. Use a liquid detergent like EQ Solutions Soil Release or Woolite.
Air dry or tumble dry at lowest setting.
Remove inserts from the pad.
Soak or rinse in plain water or a baking soda and water solution to remove odors.
Place inserts on a towel and press down to remove excess water. Do not twist or roll inserts when they are wet! Do not hang over a line to dry. Allow to air dry on towel.